HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Unbeautifully - Madeline Sheehan 05/21/2013 --Overall Rating = 3 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 2 / 3 = 2.5 StarsWriter’s Voice = 2.5 StarsCharacter Development = 3 StarsStory Appreciation = 3 StarsWorth the Chili = 5 Stars [$2.99 on Amazon]This book was okay. A few things I thought could have been better:1 -- I thought we had too little time with the main characters of the story and too much time with the characters from the first in the series.2 -- The story had some real potential to be very good. It skated above the depth level needed to take it there. I'm not sure if it was too short, or if the author was trying to develop the series and future characters, or what exactly. It just seemed to skim the surface. I prefer a book to have some depth. I could give you some examples, but they really aren't needed for what I'm saying.3 -- It really did borrow quite a bit of dialogue or tone from SoA. Almost too much for me not to feel the author took a bit too much for my comfort. Can you say original? Not ...4 -- Very little about the MC. One of those books that mentions a motorcycle. I prefer a bit more of the grittiness of the first book. I think this is what separated this author from KA. She lacked it here. The whole MC was a character in the first book. This element was largely missing this round.An enjoyable enough read, but not worthy of 4 or 5 Stars -- my opinion only.Happy Reading!!