HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein 5 Stars. I would ask you to do yourself a favor and read this book.This one is tough for me. Not to rate, I wish I had more than 5 stars to award. It is tough to review for me. It evoked so many thoughts and feelings. You definitely need a box of tissues handy.It made me think about my dog - definitely. I don't think I'll ever think about my dog, or any other dog I've ever had, quite the same. We never hide ourselves from our pets. They see us at our best and at our worst. No artifice.It made me think about life and relationships. The good, the tough, the tragedy. All the phases of our lives and who we are. The story of Eva was very close to home for me. And Denny. There isn't an easy way to describe the goodness of Denny. How the ideal of "pay it forward" evolves in this story is so rich, you may almost miss it, because it is so right and timed very well.All this is a few pages. I thank the author. It is nice to have something bring us to our roots now and again, and what better way than through the eyes a member of our family; our dog.I loved this book. I loved everything about it. You really can't say much more than that. It is one of those unique books that will stay with me a very long time.I recommend this to anyone.Happy Reading!