HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) - Susan Ee A strong 4 stars. I'll review later. Suffice to say, really enjoyed this read.************************************************************************Damaged endings. The ending of a book can make the difference in the whole story. Was it rushed, did it close everything neat and tidy, were the main characters happy, or reasonably happy, did it end with a cliffhanger, did you [the reader] like it? I would call the ending of this story - damaged.Heard the old saying, be careful what you wish for? I think this was exactly the case for Penryn. She was on a search for her seven year old sister who was carried off by the angels to the aerie. Her sister was dependent on her and was wheelchair bound. Penryn would stop at nothing to rescue her sister.At almost the same instant her sister was taken, Penryn meets Raffe. He was hurt and she rescues him and helps him to get healthy. He is on a search too. They become loyal partners along the way. This is the story of their journey to find what they seek.In the end, they each find what they are looking for, with a bit of a twist. Maybe our wishes and prayers should be more specific; not so open ended? I'm thinking Raffe and Penryn wished they had been a bit more specific.This story flowed so well. The author did a fabulous job of developing the characters, developing the post-apocalyptic world complete with fighting angels. I was fully absorbed and invested in this story. I loved the angels. I was disappointed in the ending ... be careful what you wish for.But, how would I have ended it? I'm not sure I would have been able to end it much better given where the story led us; the reader. The author implies a second book and I'm so anxious to read it. Maybe I'll get another, different, better [I've now made a much more specific wish] ending.This was a very good book. I'm very glad I read it. The author did an extraordinary job in her debut novel. I will definitely read more by Susan Ee.Happy Reading!