HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Easy - Tammara Webber 5 StarsLoved this book and have found a new author. This book had a great story, wonderful characters. Here is what I liked about it:1 – The beginning of the story. Fair warning to all, the story starts with an assault. Jacqueline goes to a frat party and leaves alone. Not paying attention [texting while walking] she doesn’t see the man stalking her until he pushes her into her truck … she struggles, but you know this is not going to end well, and then, Lucas saves the day. This sets the stage very nicely for the entire book. This situation carries through to the end of the book. No loose ends for this author. Everything is tied up neatly with a bow by book end.2 – Lucas and Jacqueline. They each have a very nice backstory outlined very well by the author. Lucas has a very troubled past, but very good friends are trying to help him make a fresh start. We should all be so lucky to have friends like these. It was no accident he was in the right place at the right time for Jacqueline. He was pulled by her from the very beginning and we can’t help but watch this evolve. Two hearts meant to be together, will find one another, eventually… *sigh*Jacqueline – she gave up a very lucrative opportunity to focus on her art [standing bass] and attending a University for her particular focus, to attend the state school to be with her long-time boyfriend who eventually dumps her. She must make the best of a situation she put herself into. She learns quite a bit about herself and how her decisions impact everything thereafter. I love how this one turns out… Nothing quite like being around when the ex figures out what a screw-up they are – the best thing that happened to them keeps walking out the door.3 – The secondary cast of characters was outstanding. Erin the room-mate who has confidence and wisdom, as only a young co-ed does. She encourages and supports Jacqueline through defensive education after her almost assault and through her boy woes. We have Mindy, who didn’t have such a happy ending, Buck, who is the asshat who started the whole thing… I could go on and on. The whole playlist of characters were very well done.I can honestly say there wasn’t anything I didn’t like about this book. It had it all and kept it together through to the end. I laughed, I cried, I got nervous and anxious where I was supposed to. I’ll say it again, this was a very well written book. I want to immediately buy all this authors books and read them one after the other and hope she has another out soon. She is now on my list to watch and if these other books work out like I think they will, she will be a favorite author. A meaty, story about two survivors finding each other and their beginning.Happy Reading!+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++05/25/2012 - not available Amazon, but $4 on B&N. Got it!!03/16/2012 not released yet, but have to have!+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++