HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Cutters vs. Jocks - Elizabeth Marx 01/26/2013 Read & ReviewedOverall Rating = 4 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 4 = 4 StarsWriter’s Voice = 4 StarsCharacter Development = 4 StarsStory Appreciation = 4 StarsWorth the Chili = 5 Stars [Freebie on Amazon in Dec2012]Okay, one of my New Years 2013 resolutions is to read at least one Freebie each month. This is my first one for January. I'm hoping to get in at least one more.It is a short story, but packs a great punch. It is actually a prequel for 1.5 book series. I'm immediately going to read the second. The story takes place on the Indiana University campus between two very different people. Aiden is the Jock. He was born with proverbial "silver spoon", but has turned his back on his legacy to follow his dream of being a major league pitcher; baseball. Elizabeth [Libby] comes from a very different background. Never really had much of a shot when relying solely on her family, she relies on her brains to get her out -- to make life better. She is a fellow student, but Aiden doesn't realize. He thinks she is just a local girl [Cutter].These two spark, but remain unfulfilled for more than a year. Then, Libby suffers some disappointment and heads out for a night of drowning sorrows and gives into the pull of Aiden.We've read similar stories many times. If the writing is good, if the characters are excellent, it really doesn't matter how many times you read it. In this case, it works. I really liked this author. I think she does an excellent job and love the characters.Not bad for my first Freebie fore' of the New Year. Yeah ME!!Happy Reading!I added it to my YA shelf. I think it could easily fit that genre'.