HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Binding Arbitration - Elizabeth Marx 02/01/2013 --Overall Rating = 3 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 2 / 4 = 4 StarsWriter’s Voice = 3.5 StarsCharacter Development = 3 StarsStory Appreciation = 3 StarsWorth the Chili = 3 Stars [$3 Amazon & B&N]Definition: Arbitration is a proceeding in which a dispute is resolved by an impartial adjudicator whose decision the parties to the dispute have agreed, or legislation has decreed, will be final and binding.This story starts with a horrible misunderstanding between a man, bent on advancing his dream of a pitching career, and a young woman he has come to care for. The question is, did he care enough?I'll say this, when you are young, it is so easy to discount strong emotion. You are young, so you think the things you feel right now can be found with another so easily. You found it once. Right? You can find it again, then. Right? You learn as you get older to listen to your heart, but when you are young ...This is one of those situations. The author did a pretty good job. We jump ahead a few years and a horrific situation makes one seek out the other. The man had his pitching career, but, what did he miss?I enjoyed this book. At about 70% or so, it lost some of its mojo. I think it was a bit too long [can't believe I'm saying this -- love long books], and the author got caught up in the mundane. A good attempt with a great back story.Overall, a pretty good read.Happy Reading.