HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Text Appeal - Lexi Ryan 06/08/2013 --Overall Rating = 3.5Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 4 = 3.5 StarsWriter’s Voice = 3.5 StarsCharacter Development = 4 StarsStory Appreciation = 4 StarsWorth the Chili = 4 Stars [$2.99 on Amazon]How have I not stumbled across this author before? This is the second book I've read by her in two days. I love what she does with her characters. Reading this second one, I can tell she has a format she uses, but it works for me. I was stuck in an airport and just hated, absolutely HATED that I finished it before my flight was called.So, did anything stand out I need to mention? Yes ...1 -- Her characters. Chaz was an asshat. Total and complete. Charlie was one you wanted to watch. Watch, like in eyecandy. He was tough, sweet, insecure, but a wonderful, absolutely phenomenal lover. He was considerate, sexy, made Riley feel beautiful and sexy. Loverly! Riley was good too, but more on her in a minute.2 -- Love the whole poker backdrop. Would have loved more of this.3 -- Texting was its' own character in this book. It was fun to watch it all unfold.There were a few thing I though could have been better ...1 -- The ending seemed rushed. I hate when that happens.2 -- Riley. She could have had more depth. I thought Charlie very well drawn, but Riley had some holes. She came across as a bit immature to me too. And, the whole, being groomed to take over Daddy's world and then you find out she really wasn't doing more than any executive assistant would do. I just thought this one could have been better.3 -- The cover is yuck! But, love the title.I'd love to read more by this author, but not sure which one to select. I think she gets in a rush about 2/3's into her stories. I think both I've read appear to be a bit rushed. Wonder what would happen if she dug a bit deeper with her story and thought about the wrap up a bit more. I bet I'd have a new 5 Star read.BTW: I've added this author to my "author love" shelf. I'm convinced I'll like all this author has.Happy Reading!!