HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Off the Record (Off Series, #3) - Sawyer Bennett 07/23/2013 --Overall Rating = 3.5 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb / Book Title = 4 / 2.5 / 5 = 4 StarsWriter’s Voice = 3.5 StarsCharacter Development = 4 StarsStory Appreciation = 4.5 StarsWorth the Chili = 5 Stars [$2.99 on Amazon]This book is the third in this series. I liked it as much as the second and more than the first.A few things I really liked:1 -- This author can create some pretty good characters. You get into the story through them. They are pretty realistic and aren't over the top angsty. Easy to identify with.2 -- I wasn't so sure about the whole "new reporter writes an expose'" thing, but it worked in the end. I actually read the second book in this series first and enjoyed it. They can be read as stand alone without missing a beat. However, I then read the first one and didn't really like it as much. If it had been the first, I may not have read any others. So, I didn't know what to think. In the end, it all worked out and I was good. Another enjoyable story.3 -- The cover, the book title, they both worked for me. I can get all caught up in how a book will be marketed. I think this is super important with all the self-pubd books out there and few spend much time on it. Anyone can throw a hot guy or girl on the cover in a bit of muscle or lace and think they have a book. I've been suckered more than once. I rather like a bit of different. This cover was nice. I pulled my attention. The title fits the book very well.Only a few things I didn't like:1 -- These are light reads. They aren't terribly deep, but I think with a bit more effort the author could take them there. I'd love to see what she does with it. I bet she would knock it out of the park. Just wondering.2 -- There were a few typo's in this one. More than I saw in the other two. Weren't a huge factor for me, but they may be for someone. Something to note.3 -- The book blurb really didn't pull me. I had read the others and liked the authors voice or I probably wouldn't have given this one another glance.Overall, an enjoyable read. This isn't a GREAT book, it is pretty average, but enjoyable. I do think this author could do a longer more involved plot well. She can create a pretty good character. I think she shorts herself with these "fluffy" reads.Give this author a go. I think you'll like her. If you like Molly O'Keefe, Rachel Gibson or Jill Shalvis, you may just like these.Happy Reading!