HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Josh and Hannah (Redwood Falls, #1) - Lynda Chance 08/09/2013 --Overall Rating = 1.5 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb / Book Title = 2 / 1 / 2 = 1.5 StarsWriter’s Voice = 1.5 StarsCharacter Development = 2 StarsStory Appreciation = 1.5 StarsWorth the Chili = 2 Stars [$2.99 on Amazon]I have no idea why I finished this book. Maybe, because I've enjoyed other books by this author in the past, or maybe because I was traveling and just didn't have the time to mess with starting another. Don't know, but a few hours I'm never going to get back in this lifetime.I can appreciate Lynda was giving the fans what they asked for ... a longer book. I just don't think her execution of a longer story worked for me.A few thing that just didn't work for me ...1 -- The primary setting for this book is high school. Now, a Lynda Chance book will always have an "over the top" alpha, but in high school? It all came across as a bit much. Hannah didn't have very observant parents or she wouldn't have stuck around for more than Act I of this relationship. If it had been set in college, it may have worked better for me. High school just left me with a very bad feeling. It's fiction. Yep, I get it, but it still has to sit well with the reader. It didn't for me.2 -- The story fell apart, or maybe there just wasn't much of one, but it took up a whole lot of real estate but said very little. A longer book means more story, more character development, not just blah, blah, blah. This is the killer for me. As much as I didn't like the setting, the lack of any real story ... ??3 -- Okay, so far we have a poor setting, poor story development, now we move to character development. Remember, this is high school. We could have had some issues or situations, but we didn't really. I would say there was only the base, minimal character development.4 -- The book blurb or the author summary. Is there really one? I think you are buying this on the author's name alone. I know I did. I wish I'd waited to see what people had to say first. I may not have bought it.I can honestly say, there really was very little I did appreciate about this book. Not sure what else to say at this point. Maybe ... save your money?I hope you have better luck with this one.Maybe Happy Reading, but didn't happen for this reader!