HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

Lick (Stage Dive, #1)

Lick - Kylie Scott 06/23/2013 --Overall Rating = 4 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 4 = 4 StarsWriter’s Voice = 3.5 StarsCharacter Development = 4 StarsStory Appreciation = 4 StarsWorth the Chili = 5 Stars [$3.99 on Amazon]In the very beginning, maybe at 10-15% I had a total WTF moment. I was thinking, I had high hopes for this one. Loved the cover and the blurb had me picking it to read immediately. I was starting to feel sorely let down. Then .... wow!! I mean WOW!!! It really started to move and I was immediately snared. LOVED this book. It will be out July 4.What did I really like?1 -- The fantabulous characters. I loved them. All of them. I can see this being a series. One of those without the whole cliffhanger thing. Lovely.2 -- The music industry was really woven nicely throughout this story. To the point it was truely another character.3 -- I love the whole, "woke up in Vegas, married, with absolutely no recall" theme of this story. However, in the beginning, I didn't like where this author went. She was able to get on track to my liking, but in the beginning the whole "insta-love" thing bothered me. By the end, you really understand it all, but boy ... it had me worried.4 -- LOVE the cover. The blurb had me reading this immediately and I have TONS of books to pick from.What bothered me?1 -- I told you about the beginning. This was almost a dealbreaker for me.2 -- Insta-love is a real turnoff for me. However, this one makes sense, so hang with it.3 -- It could have had a bit more depth, especially in the beginning. I really got into these characters, and then they were gone. The story could have had another 50 to 100 pages easily.Overall, a good read. Good enough it had me picking out another by this author to read immediately. Well ... that one didn't work out so well. I will read more by this author, just not her paranormal or fantasy books.One I tried: [bc:Flesh|15845945|Flesh (Flesh, #1)|Kylie Scott|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1361429937s/15845945.jpg|21589818]I hope you give this one a go when it comes out and enjoy it as much as I did. It was really good.Happy Reading! ARC generously provided by the author and Momentum/Pan Macmillan publishing in exchange for an honest review.