HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

Slow Heat in Heaven

Slow Heat in Heaven - Sandra Brown 03/10/2013 -- RereadOverall Rating = 5 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 5 = 3.5 StarsWriter’s Voice = 3 StarsCharacter Development = 3 StarsStory Appreciation = 3.5 StarsWorth the Chili = 5 Stars [$4.74 Amazon – $4.99 on B&N]Okay -- really 3.5 Stars, but I won't change my rating because this book still stands out in my mind. I originally read it when first released in 1988 and it was a break out book. First time I'd read the word "fuck" in a mainstream book by a mainstream author. Cash is the very definition of a "bad boy". I read so much and expect so much more now, but still a very good read. I'm in a very different place with my reading preferences than I was in 1988. A whole lifetime ago...Happy Reading!============================================Okay, you know some books stay with you forever. This is one of those books for me. Sandra Brown surprised the hell out of me when I first read this way back when first published. I had read all her books and had followed her up from the serial romances. She really stepped out with this book, stepped back to safer territory and never stepped out again.Some of her later books don't hold my interest, i.e. Rainwater. I think this book was very gutsy. Her characters were vulger, but for a reason - they were in character. I really liked this book and now have a Nook and can't find an eBook version. So, Sandra, if you read this, would love to know why some of your books you've published as eBooks and others not. I'd love to review this for you.