HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1)

Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) - Kristen Ashley 3.5 StarsKia and Sam. It took me a while to warm up to these two. I thought the story a bit of a stretch and wasn't over the top with all the references to "fine piece of ass" comments. I thought these happened too frequently and threw me off the story when they came up. We have this guy who is described as a gentleman, but then he has no problem referring to Kia this way. Also, got to say it, just did not dig the name Kia. Reminded me of the car ... and I'm not a big fan.It was about 60% of the way into the book, and I really started enjoying it. This was about the point were the relationship journeyed to the next level. We got to see a bit of what Sam was dealing with and carrying around and how he was or was not handling it. I really starting having a better appreciation for Sam. Kia, I understood from the beginning and thought she adjusted pretty well and quickly after being so beaten down for so long, but good for her... Also, the secondary characters didn't warm my heart as much as I've previously experienced with this author. They were there and good, but not deep, warm and funny. Nothing about this story touched my funny-bone, which is a bit unusual that I wouldn't find some bit of dialogue funny. It did bring tears at least once.I did like the story, but it didn't pull me like some of the other stories I've read by this author and I'm quite alright with it. I'm sure there are readers out there that will think this one is THE ONE! It will be their over the top 5 Star read, just not me .. this time.Happy Reading!