HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

Lexi, Baby (This Can't Be Happening)

Lexi, Baby (This Can't Be Happening, #1) - Lynda LeeAnne 01/30/2013 --Overall Rating = 2 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 2 = 3 StarsWriter’s Voice = 1 StarsCharacter Development = 2 StarsStory Appreciation = 2 StarsWorth the Chili = 2 Stars [$3 Amazon & B&N]Have you ever thought about a car wreck? You are driving down the road, stuck in traffic, you come up to the "wreck" and you just can't look away? Can't. Don't even think about being a looky-loo. Not proud of yourself, but you just can't help it. Apply that action to a book and this was that book for me. I'm not sure what I read or why I read it. It wasn't good. Not at all. Normally, I don't finish "crappy books". Not worth my time, but for some reason I did. Complete to the bitter end...If I had to come up with one thing I just really didn't like it had to be the authors voice. I've used this analogy before when trying to express my thoughts and it is appropriate again here. Ever watched little girls playing dolls and they tell each other what to think and how to set up the "play". How to feel and ... "I'll do this and then you do that -- okay?" This is how this flowed. Really cheesy and immature. Both in writing and the characters. Obviously something was pulling me ... I think it was the characters. They must have had some redeeming something, but really that was it -- still not sure what "it" was. I just couldn't look away. I thought I would and then I read 10 more pages, then this can't get worse ..., and then 10 more pages. Through to the very end.I should have known by reading the blurb. It just didn't appeal, but had read friend reviews and they sounded okay. Oh, well ... nothing ventured, nothing gained. Could have gone the other way and been a favorite. When you think about it this way -- well worth the time and the risk.I'm not recommending this book to anyone. If you do decide to read it, I hope you enjoy it.You probably won't be happy reading this one.I tried to warn you ... and you just wouldn't listen.