HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
Fire Inside (Chaos, #2) - Kristen Ashley 05/26/2013 --Overall Rating = 2.5 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 3 = 3.5 StarsWriter’s Voice = 2 StarsCharacter Development = 3 StarsStory Appreciation = 2.5 StarsWorth the Chili = 3 Stars [Was an ARC, $3.79 on Amazon]I think I'm sick of the round about sentence structure [if you can really call it structure] that say little of substance, the poor story development and the whole cookie cutter format that has become Kristen Ashley. I just absolutely hate when characters you really like are stuck in a worn out story and are under-developed. This has some real potential.Also interesting of note ... Netgalley advertises this as a fix for those who loved Madeline Sheehan's new book."Can't get enough of Madeline Sheehan? Rev up for the next installment in The Chaos series!"A case of chicken and the egg?I really liked Hop. He was a bit interesting, until she took him down an unbelievable path just to incorporate a song. A bit strange and it really didn't go over with me well. A bit over the top.I thought Lanie good. However, the story seriously lacked development. What we did have, we've read time and time again. Same song and verse. Absolutely nothing original. A real shame.I won't spend much time on this review. I think I may be in the minority ... not sure, but I found it just okay. A bit below average on the whole.I wish this author was the KA I came to really enjoy. She has been missing for quite a while now. May need to call in a missing persons, if this keeps up ... I'm really not sure why I keep trying.Happy Reading.ARC provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.