HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

Bonds of Trust

Bonds of Trust - Lynda Aicher Overall Rating = 2 StarsBook Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 3 = 3.5 StarsWriter’s Voice = 2 StarsCharacter Development = 1 StarsStory Appreciation = 2 StarsWorth the Chili = N/A Stars (Read an ARC and not sure what it will sell for)I really didn't care for this book much. I probably wouldn't have finished it, but it was a buddy read with Stacia, Anna and gang. Nothing about it stood out in the story department. A few things didn't ring true for me, and this, for Michelle, is a deal breaker. BDSM? Not really. This too was missing.We have an immediate attraction between two people; one a 40 something divorcee who hasn't had good sex is F O R E V E R [if ever], and a Dom for an exclusive fetish club. This is a story told a few times before, so the author better make it good and throw something unique into the mix - right? No. This is also where my consternation starts. Jake, he is a seasoned Dom and he falls into IMMEDIATE attraction with what's her face ... Cali. Jake was just fake to me. He is Dom, but doesn't correct her when she goes about things all wrong. I wouldn't even call this BDSM light.I just couldn't get past this. The story itself is okay, but once characters lead me one way and then do a 180, I lose interest. I lost interest and was never able to regain it. A poor rendition of stories I've read that were so much better. If you are going to write a storyline used before, find a niche to make it yours. This just didn't happen here.The cover isn't bad.It was just okay, so can't imagine you spending time with this when there are so many other really good books out there begging to be read.ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Carina Press in exchange for an honest review.