HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

Jacked Up (Fast Track Series)

Jacked Up - Erin McCarthy 4 StarsThis was a quick read by the pool. I loved this series and based on the lack of a teaser about the next in the series, it sounds like the author may not continue with it. We get a bit of a Rhett tease, but we are not given enough to really warm to him, so not sure what she'll do. She has a book blurb in the back for a "ghost" story. Read it and won't buy it. Ugh... What is it with the whole "Ghost an Mrs. Muir" thing everyone tries. Yuck... [coming off of Kristen Ashley's "Lacybourne Manor" = 3 Stars by me and I was generous].Erin McCarthy, I've read some of her other books, and just didn't like them as much. Her racing characters were captivating. I think the elements she captured of racing very good and had wished for me. I'm not a huge race fan, but if you are going to have a themed book, you should do more than tease. The sport should be a character in the book. I think this author just teases, either because she knows only enough to be dangerous, or she has space constraints. Not my favorite in the series. Eve came off a being a bit crazy neurotic. I really liked Nolan. He seemed very sure of himself. He was very different from Eve, but seemed really good for her. How he put up with her nutty [not in a good way] personality was a bit amazing. She was definitely a bit high maintenance, but he kept it together and made this story - my opinion only.Happy Reading!!++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Available Jun 5 - preorder only now.Mine now!