HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)

Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6) - Jill Shalvis 5 StarsForever and a Day is an absolute joy to read. This is Jill Shalvis at her best. Loved the characters and the story flowed so smoothly. Grace is trying to figure out what and who she wants to be. Josh is trying to be everything he needs to be for everyone and in the end they find each other and it works beautifully. Almost magical.Grace stumbled upon Lucky Harbor looking for her next career move. She lost her job at an investment banking firm when the economy crashed and she refused to sleep with her boss. She never really liked her job, but was trying to be who her “over achieving” parents wanted her to be. Does she have the courage to find happiness, even if it isn’t the exact prescription her parents planned for her? Josh is a doctor. He works 80+ hours a week. He has taken over his fathers practice, he works hours in the ER, he has a sister who is physically challenged in an accident that killed their parents, is the lone parent of a 5 year old and a new pug puppy. He has so much pulling at his time he has forgotten who he is. Will he find himself and when he does, will he have the courage to be the person he finds, or, will he muck it all up? Grace becomes his puppy walker, she then becomes his temporary baby sitter. She starts to be someone he depends on to provide him the peace sought at the end of a day. He becomes her rock. It is truly magical watching these two figure it all out.What did I like about this book?1 – Absolutely loved Grace. What a ballsy lady. She is willing to try and fail most anything. She doesn’t seem to be afraid of much at all. Her only weakness seems to be her parents. She is adopted and has always felt a bit less when she compares herself to them. Not because they make her feel this way, but just because. She wants to be who she thinks they want her to be. She is Josh’s rock. She helps with the puppy, she loves and cares for Toby, she is the “in your face … do you see what I see” factor for sister Anna. She can be tough as nails, but so warm and gentle. Just loved her.2 – Josh. He is trying so hard to be everything to everyone. He is in true danger of losing bits of himself. He is exhausted and it isn’t getting any easier until Grace comes along. He resists her because he doesn’t need one more thing to take care of. He eventually figures out she doesn’t need him to take care of her and maybe, just maybe, she can take care of him while he is taking care of the world.3 – The cast of secondary’s; Tank, Toby, Anna. Josh’s extended family is an absolute riot and an absolute mess. We have the puppy who has no manners at all. He is exactly what the little boy, Toby, needs, but he is a handful. We have Toby who is trying to find his mother and asks most any woman, “are you my mother” … rather like the children’s story of the same name. It is so sad, but it is funny at the same time. Then there is Anna. She has been in a wheelchair for the last 5 years. She is 21 and is wanting some independence, but acts like a rebellious 15 year old. She has an asshat for a boyfriend and watching this evolve and how Grace and Josh handle it, really helps us love these characters. Anna is perfect. She has such courage.I just loved this installment in the Lucky Harbor series. It was well thought out and the characterizations are what we’ve come to expect from this author. They warm your heart and make you do the “happy dance”. A lovely Sunday afternoon read.Happy Reading!Thanks to the Netgally ARC provided by Hachette Book Group on 06/07/2012.