HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

The Genius and the Muse

The Genius and the Muse - Elizabeth   Hunter 06/24/2013 --Overall Rating = 4.5 Stars Book Cover / Book Blurb = 4 / 4 = 4 StarsWriter’s Voice = 4.5 StarsCharacter Development = 4 StarsStory Appreciation = 5 StarsWorth the Chili = 5 Stars [$1.99 on Amazon] I forgot how much I like this author. I read this one in one sitting. Beach side. Love when you can find something to absorb you and spend a great day with all the things you like best ... sun, sand, drinks, and a great read.Here are the things I liked:1 -- The writing style or format for this one was unique. The love story evolves throughout the book, but in a very unusual way. She truely develops the muse concept. I remember thinking about how unexpected it was -- the evolution of the characters and relationship. Complex, but easy to follow. I won't give it away - just read it.2 -- The characters. You love them. Then ... maybe not so much. Then you love them again. She has your feelings and your planned outcome so twisted in places. I read her first two books and I think this author only gets better. She can really suck you in.3 -- I've never really gotten into the whole "muse" or inspiration thing. I wasn't sure what to think, but she did a wonderful job with this for me. She alternated POV's and not in an expected manner. Really nice.4 -- It was a Kindle Daily deal for $2!What could have been better?1 -- I wasn't sold on the blurb really.2 -- I thought it could have been longer. It was really good, but I hate to lose characters I've really bonded with after such a short time. I read this in like 5 hours [stop/start]. Hate it was over so quickly.I'm still sitting on the beach and right now nothing else comes to mind. I encourage you to read this one. If her paranormal books have put you off, this one is a good one to get your "feet wet" with her. I guarantee you will read her entire back list before you are done. Yes. She is that good.Back to the beach for me. I hope you give this author and this book a shot. You'll have to let me know what you think.Happy Reading!