HelenGeek

Books are like Air ...

Without books, life would be sooo... boring. Don't you think?

It really is just that simple.

Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone

A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, Book 4)

A Virgin River Christmas - Robyn Carr Another 3.5 Stars for me.I liked so many things about this book, but am giving it 3.5 stars because I was bored in places and found myself skimming [never good for me].What did I like:1 -- the author addressing the real issue of our fighting troops and the people who love and care for them.2 -- the courage Marcie had in searching for Ian against all odds.3 -- the Holiday theme [wish I'd read it at Christmas]. Love, love, loved the Christmas tree and all it represented.4 -- the love of this community.I really liked much about this story, but there was a depth missing. It is almost like the author has so many characters to keep up with and she has to weave each into the story, it loses depth for the main characters. Plus, as poignant as this particular topic was, I felt she could have spent more time on it. The topic being the fragile human condition after returning from a war front. Of course we expect the troop to be impacted, but not much thought given to those supporting and loving the returning individual. So heart wrenching.Overall, a good story, but could have been more [my opinion]. If you are courageous enough to tackle some of the social issues this author addresses, then you should be damn sure to give it the attention it deserves.I'm giving myself a break from this series for a bit and will return later this year.Happy Reading!